domingo, 5 de abril de 2015

Oh, i miss thy, my ol’friend.
The laughter down the shore,
When time was meaningless,
not an end,
Our souls never bored,
Never to repent or mourned.
Oh, i miss thy, my ol’friend.
The mysteries you’ve
mastered so well.
Now lost. Forgotten.
Or maybe, remembered only by the Ocean
And ones who within dwell.
You’ve taught me so many things.
“Easier said than done,
it seems, in so many ways.”
No wings and yet
Ive craved for the endless skys.
So many “if’s”. So many “why’s.”
Oh, i miss thy, my ol’friend.
I’ve lost my trail so many times.
I’ve wandered
The darkest corners of
Thought and mind.
I still see,
Care not I’ve been blind.
I’ve died a million times.
Shackled by dread and fear.
I’ve been lost
And yet, as you so foretold,
I am
Still Here.

Carlos Miguel Vieira
 ©2015

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário